Edward Heneage Paget was born on the 23rd July 1828 in Sandhurst, Berkshire. He was the youngest son of General the Hon. Sir Edward Paget, G.C.B., Governor of the Royal Hospital, Chelsea, and Lady Harriet Legge, 4th daughter of George, 3rd Earl of Dartmouth.
He went to St. John's College, Oxford where he achieved an M.A. He was at college in May 1849 when his father died at his home, Oakfield Lodge, East Cowes Park on the Isle of Wight.
Edward married Emma Mary Eden, daughter of Robert John Eden, Lord Auckland, Bishop of Bath and Wells, on the 20th November 1856 at St. Cuthberts, Wells, Somerset. They went on to have 5 children, Henry Edward Clarence, born 20th March 1860 Stuston, Hugh Arthur, born 29th May 1862 Stuston, Eden Wilberforce, born 9th September 1865 Stuston, Eric Morton, born 21st November 1867 Stuston, and Claude Edmund, born 21st July 1869 Hoxne.
On the 19th January 1860 Edward was instituted to the Rectory of Stuston on the presentation of Sir Edward Clarence Kerrison.The value of the living was £209 and the residence.
On the 7th January 1869 the Bishop of Norwich instituted the Rev. Edward Heneage Paget to the vicarage of Hoxne with Denham, on the nomination of Sir Edward Kerrison.
Whilst at Hoxne Edward did much restoration work to the vicarage.The porch is dated 1870 together with the initials of Edward Paget. Most of the front of the vicarage has C16-style imitation studwork with herringbone brick nogging, added in 1870. The church wardens accounts of the 1870s record various amounts spent on paying bricklayers and the purchase of bricks.
In the 1873 Return of Owners of Land Edward is recorded to have owned 20 acres 2 roods and 14 perches in Hoxne with a rental value of £58 15s.
In 1882 and 1883 Edward had a curate in Hoxne called Rev. Chivers Henry Crump.
On the 19th and 20th April 1883 there was a sale of Edward's furniture, books and other effects at the vicarage as he was leaving Hoxne.
Edward died on the 29th September 1884, age 56, at 70 Longridge Road, South Kensington, Middlesex. He was buried on the 2nd October in the West London and Westminster Cemetery, Earl's Court, Old Brompton.